Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye. Hello.

2011. I'm bewildered...as I am every year...that it's over already. My mom always told me that I shouldn't wish my life away because it goes by so quickly and that I should enjoy my life now. She was right...as I'm finding that she was right about everything she told me.

It handed me life on a silver platter and I was fortunate to experience many firsts in 2011...

I painted my first masterpiece. Well...ok...there might be other adjectives more appropriate like...like...ummm...like... Well, my brain is still on vacation so I will just stick with masterpiece.


I ran my first half marathon ever. With my sister. In Austin, TX.

I started a shoe business. Wore my first pair of 4-inch heels. I closed a shoe business, and that's a story for another time!

Whoa Nelly! Those are some high heels y'all!

I became a great aunt for the first time to this darling. You might remember her face since I've posted a few times about her!
And...I memorized 24 Bible verses this year for the first time ever...to which I might say was a most powerful tool that walked me through many circumstances and days in 2011. It is a tool I will continue. Here is the list.

Brad and I enjoyed another year of walking with the Lord, mercy, grace, learning, good health, laughter, family, friends new and old, wonderful jobs, progress in many goals, and each other. If I haven't said it in a while, he has been and continues to be a God-send to me.

So goodbye 2011. I enjoyed the growth.
And hello 2012. I welcome you with this truth...

apart from Him I can do nothing
(John 15:5)

but...

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength
(Phil 4:13)

No comments: