Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Back to reality

Today's post will be in list form and here's why. This is my last day of Christmas break and because I want to. That's why.

1) The dumbest thing I ever did was to resign as a fitness instructor. When my schedule got busy my workout was never compromised. Something else less important was thrown out. Now it's the first thing to go when I get busy. Makes staying fit a lot more challenging AND nobody pays me when I do! And y'all...I need exercise. I used to need it because I wanted to look good and for my clothes to sit and hang in all the right places, and while I still want that, I'm realizing I need it now more than ever to feel good. I seem to be more susceptible to colds and the flu and junk like that along with having new ache every day. I'm sure that some of it is due to getting a little older, but I refuse to ache because I don't have a regular workout schedule. So there.

2) My Christmas decorations are officially down. That makes me sad. I wish we could start celebrating Christmas in August. Haha. Not really. The Contemporary Christian station on Uverse is still playing Christmas songs today though, and I am squeezing in as much as I can before I go back to the real blah world on Monday.

My Christmas tree looks sad and naked.
Ok...so it's all down, but it's not put away yet. Waiting for someone to bring in the storage bins from the garage.

3) I need a new do. Really. And what I want is for it to look like Jennifer Aniston's hair all the time with the least amount of effort possible on my part. So if anyone has any ideas on how to make that happen, please let me know.

4) The countdown is on for my next half marathon and my training starts Monday. If you've never run one, I highly recommend it. I've never experienced something as exhilarating as crossing that finish line, and I can't wait to do it again. Please pray for no rain!

Happiest New Year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi De,
I highly recommend Jennifer Spence @ http://hairoptionssalon.com/. Her shop is in McKinney at 75 and Eldorado. Hair is her love and passion and she WILL be able to help you with a new do...
ke