Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

January 12

Today was a wonderful day. A day that I get to participate in a celebration every year. A birthday celebration that is. A celebration of an individual who rocks my world and has done so since I was in third grade. I expect that he will continue that even in to old age. It's my husband, Brad, who celebrated another birthday today. He is now my same age and that...well...that makes me do the happy dance. (I haven't heard that phrase in a while. Is it out of style? If so...I think we should bring it back!)

But anyway...we got to celebrate. Celebrate. We enjoyed some delectable food, munched on engaging conversation, and gave it all up for some - oh my heavens - tiramisu. And I don't even like tiramisu. But y'all...this stuff was worth some words! And while that was wonderful it is not the kind of celebrating I'm referring to. What I'm talking about is the kind of celebration that sparks a flame deep down in your soul that you can't quite put your finger on. It's some kind of feeling that goes so deep you might actually explode, but there are no words you can find that adequately express it. And it wasn't just me. The birthday boy experienced it too.

Feelings like that don't happen very often. And I'm guessing that as more time passes in our marriage the more often that will happen. Who knows. We're still newlyweds. But I'm also guessing it doesn't just happen. It's something that takes work. And some grueling work we have definitely done. And tonight was pay day.

He's someone who makes me want to be a better person, and I'm grateful that I get to journey this life with him. Happiest birthday, B!

1 comment:

Mama SB said...

I am so happy for you two. May you continue to feel those flames! Love you :)