Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Clouds

If I've heard her say it once, I've heard Beth Moore say it a thousand times. "What if we did it? What if we believed what God's Word says about us? What if we did what He says in His word to do when we are weary and need rest? And what if we did 'consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds' (James 1:2)"? What if we did it, y'all? WHAT IF?

I don't know about you, but I am ready to find out. The other has never worked for me. Ever.

So...the reason I'm writing this tonight is because...out.of.nowhere...a cloud of sadness just darkened the door of my heart and caused tears to roll down my face. A cloud that has loomed over my life for many years. And as you may...or may not know...it's the cloud of the inability to have children. And tonight...I'm ultra aware that it serves to threaten my faith and rob my joy once again. And...well...I'm not doing it anymore. God has written His name all over my week and He has shown me over and over that He works everything for the good of those that love Him. And this...THIS...is not going to rob me of that peace. Nope. Not going there.

And as I write this, I'm also aware that everyone has a cloud or two that moves in ever so often that threatens your peace and joy or paralyzes you with fear. And if you are reading this, I urge you...when the rain comes...to move swiftly into God's Word and find out what He has to say about it. Quote scripture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. He will be found by those who seek Him. The door will be opened to those who knock. And those who ask will receive.

What have we got to lose? What if, y'all? What if?

No comments: