Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I is not so smart after all...

I am fired from the tech position in my home. And that makes me glad.

Last week Brad told me that his mail was not updating on his phone and it kept giving him error messages. Friday he started having problems with his email on his computer, and because of our mad schedule last week and through the weekend I kept putting off the task of taking a looksie since I have been the resident help desk in our home. Well...Sunday he cornered me and stamped his feet and jumped up and down and said, "Woman, fix my email!". Ok...well that is a little exaggerated but that makes for a better story!

Anyway.

I finally sat down to troubleshoot Sunday evening before the debacle at Jerry's World. And as I thought through how to fix it, I walked myself through this kind of issue at work and decided to take the route that I would take at work. So I clicked here and I clicked there. Here a click. There a click. Everywhere a click click. Ahem. Ok...so...I set up a new profile for him. Proud...I started up that puppy and that dadgum thing still gave me the error that it was giving him. Stupid computer. So I said, "I'm leaving this error on here and you are going to have to call and find out that password tomorrow." Which...if he'd done that in the first place none of this would've happened. But that is neither here nor there.

The next morning my very frustrated husband called me at my desk and said, "I got the password and now I'm in email, but all of my calendar appointments are missing, I can't find any of my contacts, and I now only have 13 emails!!"

Uh-oh.

Of course you lost everything because 1) I didn't practice what I preach at work by backing things up before I removed, and clicked, and deleted, and rebooted. And 2) because...um...oh yes...at work we are on an Exchange server and when I set up a new profile for a user at work, their email just populates like it should.

So for the last two days my shoulders have been up in my ears and my stomach has been in knots and my eye has been twitching because my husband was at home wondering what appointments he was missing and wondering how he was going to get back all of the documents that he had stored in email. And. I. Felt. Horrible. And worried. And tense.

But God. Oh my. But God. Funny how I always get the opportunity at some point in a crisis to say that.

I went to work today with my shoulders in my ears and went down to see my friend who is one of the most spiritually mature women I've ever known. She is a prayer warrior and is armed and ready at any second of the day. I always go to her when I need advice, when I need to vent, and when I need to be reminded of Who I serve. So today I went to her and told her what happened and that I knew that God knows where that email file is and exactly how to restore it and that I needed Him to show me or Brad or someone what to do. So she said she would call her husband because he was pretty techie and might know of a way to restore it. So she called him and he said, "should I call Brad?" She said yes and so he did.

About an hour later I got a text from Brad telling me that Joe, Takeia's husband, walked him through a system restore and was able to locate and retrieve everything we thought he'd lost. Praise-a-llujah y'all!

It may not seem like a huge deal. But there is way more to the story than what is written here. He knew before I ever met Takeia that this was going to happen and that Joe was the guy he'd use to help troubleshoot the problem. He knew at this season in time that I would need a fresh reminder of Who He is and what He's about. He knew. And He cared. And He went before us to orchestrate a series of events that would lead me to this blog to give Him the Glory that is due Him.

And He knows what you're facing. He knows how big or how small it is to you. And He cares...regardless of the size. He's gone before you to bring you to the season that you're in. Don't panic. And...Don't give up on Him. He's writing a beautiful story with you as the lead character. Anticipate.

Anticipate something beautiful.

No comments: