Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why me?

I sure can think of a lot of ways to be spending my time right now that are better than what I'm doing. Sleeping is at the top of the list. When you take a Zyrtec at 3 p.m. instead of right before bedtime, though, being awake at 1:44 a.m. tends to be the result. Boo. Hiss.

Which brings me to my next point. It sure is an inopportune time to be sick with a 'make everyone leave the room cough' and fever. I don't have my shopping and baking done and, well, I'm not even close to being done. I wonder if my loved ones would mind receiving some used Tupperware this year and some fudge from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Co. Boo. Hiss.

Anyway. I did get out this morning to get my shopping started and I picked up some goodies for most of the young people in my life. Teenage girls are so much easier to shop for than boys. Their toys are so much more expensive which leaves not a lot of choices for the aunts who are on a budget. But while I was out I was reminded a couple times that all the hurry and scurry of this season can bring out the worst in people. After being almost run over in the parking lot by someone who really needed that parking space and almost being knocked over in the aisle by a lady whose way I was in, I remembered why I prefer to get my shopping done early. Boo. Hiss.

But while I lay here awake in the middle of the night, I'm thankful that I have a good job that gives me a two week Christmas break, that I even have loved ones I need to buy Christmas gifts for, and that I'm snuggled up in a nice warm bed. So many only dream of having a fraction of that. And I wonder...why me?

No comments: