Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Because my mom did it...

Saturday night eight other couples will gather at our house for our 3rd annual couples' Christmas bunko and I am so excited about it. It really is fun for people who like loud, and I do if it involves laughter and silliness, and this party does. It does.

Anyway, I went to the grocery store to get all the ingredients for all the food I'm going to make and I do believe that if I ever need a job as a cook for the army, I will have quite a resume to give them. I get it from my mom. My dad was a pastor and every year at Christmas we would have this big open house at Christmas and invite the whole church and my mom would cook for several days beforehand. Oh the food. It was everywhere. And. It. Was. Good. And so that's why I do it. Because my mom did.

Anyway...tonight I made my first yummy. It is a recipe I got from my friend, Tracy. I don't know what the actual name of it is called so I call it Tracy's Mix of Goodness. Here it is...

1 egg white
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 c almonds
2 c pretzels
1 c dried cranberries

Whip the egg white and add the sugar, cinnamon, and salt to it. Pour over the other. Bake for an hour at 225 - stirring every 15 minutes.

OMG.

No comments: