Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pinterest, don't let me down...

House-hunting is for the birds. Yes. It is. Over the last three days I have walked in and around 13 houses, and I'm happy to report that they have all run together and I have no idea which is which. Except that I took notes and I may be able to differentiate with those. Maybe. But I definitely remember the ones I might have nightmares about, and for that...I'm not so excited. I'm fairly certain that one of them may have been the location of a murder. And if it wasn't...well...then I don't really have any need or desire to know what went on in that house. I didn't take notes on that one because, unfortunately the visual notes are planted in my memory till the day I die.

So.

Vegetables.

I tried my hand at the veggie burgers the other night, and they wouldn't stick together. I spent 2 hours in the kitchen chopping, grating, slicing, peeling, and mashing just to end up with veggie mush. I did have a helper though who I will not name. But he who shall not be named hurt his back, cut his finger, and bled all over the potatoes. Cooking is not for the faint of heart!

I used to love to cook and...well...I'm not really enjoying the cooking now. And because of all the hard work I've poured into the preparing of the meals over the last week where all but two of them resulted in yuckness...I'm a little hesitant to get back in the cooking saddle. So tonight I had an apple for dinner and Brad was left to fin for himself. He had roasted potatoes and a salad with salsa dressing. It was a cooking experience for him that was not as hazardous as his last endeavor.
And that made everyone's dinner experience more pleasant.

But the apple hasn't carried me too far.
So I'm headed over to Pinterest to see if I can find a recipe for the most delicious vegetable brownie you'll ever eat!

No comments: