Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

3, 2, 1...

That's right...3 days...yes...only 3 days left on my Daniel Fast. Without getting into too much detail, I only cheated a couple times, and just so you know, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. And if you don't believe me, then I challenge you to the Daniel Fast for 21 days. Then...we'll talk!

This week has been positively gnarly and I don't mean in a good way...and it started its descent on Tuesday. Tuesday. Well...it kicked my hiney. After sitting in a tiny office, that I'm sure sat at 50 degrees, watching a student take a test from 8:15 till 2:30, I went home and worked all evening troubleshooting something that didn't want to be troubleshot. I finally surrendered and closed my computer at 9:48 to put an end to the day. And certain that no day could be worse than Tuesday, I launched into Wednesday and Thursday just to find how very wrong I can be. I seriously feel I've been the main character in an episode of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Except it's been a week.

But back to the fast. I did manage to make a really really delicious Italian soup this week that Brad declared needed to be in our meal rotation from now on. And it was easy.

Purée a tomato (or two) and put it in a pan. Turn the heat to medium-high and add a tablespoon (or two) of olive oil, a clove of garlic and 1/4 cup of chopped onion. Sauté for a few minutes. Add some artichokes, mushrooms, zucchini, and any other vegetable you want. Stir in half a box of vegetable stock and as much Italian seasoning as you want. Simmer for about 30 minutes.

I served mine with toasted whole wheat flat bread with a tiny bit of vegan butter and garlic powder. It added a delicious finishing touch to the soup.

I'm sure glad it's Friday. This episode needs to end.

No comments: