Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Little Things

This weekend was fun. Saturday we ran errands all day and got so much done. Now...let me say that if I had not planned out our route, we would not have gotten half as much done. He's never gotten to experience errands in quite the way that he gets to now that he is married. I know that even though he would never admit it, he loves the new structure that has come into his life! Just ask him when you get a chance how much fun he has watching a Cowboy game with his new wife. He will tell you just how wonderful it is!
We made stops at Office Max, Kirklands (huge sale this weekend), his new office to put up some prints and decorate a little bit. However, when we got to Sports Clips we realized that he left his phone at Kirklands. So I left him there to get his hair cut and went to get the phone. When I went back to get him, I told him that would cost him because going back to one of our stops was not part of the route! We also stopped at Sam Moon. It was a mad house just like it is every Saturday. He was helping me pick out a purse, and there were three other women trying to get to the same purse. All 4 of us were talking at once about the purse and he was trying to listen to all of us. Finally he said, "now I know what it means to be on sensory overload." Of course he got a laugh out of all four of us. I think it was the equivalent to the 'Calgon...take me away' feeling. He also got a haircut, we worked out, and then ended our day by going out to eat to a new Italian place in Plano called Ferrari's Pizzeria! Our waitress there said that I looked like Heather Locklear. Now that's funny! I think we'll visit that restaurant more often.
We laughed a lot this weekend and are refreshed, restored and ready for a new week of work.

1 comment:

Mama SB said...

So...did you buy the purse? Sounds like you two are getting along well :)