Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Uncle Kenneth

Wednesday afternoon, my dad's younger brother lost his battle with cancer. I will remember most his highly contagious laugh. In fact...it is a laugh that was passed down from both my grandma and grandpa and that my dad has as well. It's incredible...and just hearing it makes you laugh. When they are telling something that is funny...the story is completely hidden under the laugh and nobody knows what the story or joke is but everybody is laughing. That's how the whole Duke family was and is...happy, joyous people. I hope that joy for life and laugh gets passed down to my children.
I didn't get to see him in his last days; his battle wasn't too long as he was diagnosed only this summer. We received email updates weekly though from Aunt Lucy describing what he was facing daily. I'm glad for him that his battle was not long and drawn out and I'm glad he has been reunited with his mom and dad, D.M. and Miss Lola. And knowing the three of them...they have all of heaven laughing right now!

1 comment:

Mama SB said...

I'm sorry for your loss, De. I'm sure he is making everyone in heaven laugh :)