Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Assumed You Moved On!


Those were the words I heard from the florist 3 days before my wedding! My sister and I went in to this flower shop back in June to secure a florist for the wedding; we really liked the guy and were confident he would do a beautiful job on flowers for my wedding. After all, I didn't want anything that was difficult...just roses...that's all. So, I emailed him the first week of July to tell him exactly what I wanted. I even sent him pictures. He emailed me back with a quote, and I replied immediately with a go ahead. I did not hear back from him. So...I emailed him again and asked for a confirmation and what the next steps would be. I did not hear back from him. So...I emailed him again and asked for a confirmation and what the next steps would be. Still...no response. Well...I let it go because by that time I was dealing with no air conditioner in my town home and all the moving fun was just occupying all my time. After that...I started back to work and let the florist issue fall through the cracks. Needless to say, when I arrived in Austin 3 days before the wedding, I felt the need to pay him a visit, and what I found was..."Well, I didn't hear back from you so I assumed you moved on." Those are not good things to say to a bride 3 days before her wedding! To make a long story short...we had some exchanges and I did not have to be a bridezilla. He came through and the flowers were gorgeous! This is a picture of my bouquet and my bridesmaids' bouquets.

No comments: