Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

A little of this and a little of that...

Over the weekend I was overcome by a pinch of creativity and concocted a new recipe that was a hit in my house. I mean y'all...it was good. And healthy. And yay for that. Holla.

(Ok...so I really am not sure how to use that term 'holla' that these crazy kids are using today. I'm hoping that I used it correctly which would make me hip and cool.)

But the recipe.

And just so you know, when I create a new recipe I don't measure things. I eyeball everything, and if that is not your strength, then you might not should try this at home.

Ok...so...the recipe.

Penne pasta
Evoo
A little champagne vinegar
Diced shallot
Lemon zest
Juice from a fresh lemon
Garlic
Chopped Canadian bacon
Fresh spinach
Fresh Asparagus (small pieces) (I steamed mine first)

I sautéed the other stuff while the penne was boiling and then mixed it all together...adding the spinach just before mixing the pasta in. Then I topped it with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

And I got a "yes" and an "amen" and a "hallelujah" from the congregation. Therefore, I will make it again.

I'm thinking adding roasted pine nuts and/or capers would be a nice addition.

Let me know if you make it.

No comments: