Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My list for today...

I must blog today about some things for which I am thankful, otherwise, I'm likely to head down another path! That's the kind of day it's been. And I feel it in my shoulders.

I started a list on my iPhone last week called 'Thankful For...'. My thought was that I would add things to that list every day when I came across things that make me smile. The first thing I added was gum! Apparently, I was very happy to have gum that day. Now...my memory is not the greatest in the world, but I believe that I added gum to my list because I was talking to a friend last week while I was enjoying my morning coffee. Now...some people can drink coffee in the morning and still have pleasant breath. I am not one of those people. Definitely. As I was talking to my friend this particular morning, she interrupted me with a look of pain on her face and asked, "Do you have a piece of gum I can have?" I was horrified because I know it wasn't her breath she was concerned with! Fortunately I did have a piece of gum and I gave her one. I also chomped on a piece for myself. And now she is still my friend! So...I am thankful for gum!




This makes my heart melt. And I LOVE things that make my heart melt!







When I have fear or worry or uncertainty, I'm thankful that
God reminds me what He's capable of and how much He
cares about making provision for His creation.






And I am thankful for the truth of this quote...
"The gospel is good news of mercy to the undeserving. The symbol of the religion of Jesus is the cross, not the scales" [that weigh our deeds both good and bad]
~John Stott


And today...especially today...I'm thankful and humbled by John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

So I won't. At least for today.

No comments: