Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Beware of rambling...

Well...the sleepless nights are here. I know because I'm in the middle of one right now. It happens every summer. After taking a week or so to sleep off the school year, then I'm ready to play...and apparently not just in the daytime.  And the wonky thing is that I will be in this mode for a few weeks and just as I am getting used to my new sleep schedule it will be time to set the alarm for school again. I know...this really is a problem that people in the corporate world really don't want to hear about. 

So I will change the subject. 

How is that for transition?  

I would have made the students in my English class revise that because you aren't suppose to tell your audience you are transitioning...you're just supposed to do it. Tales from an 8th grade English teacher. 

Ok...so...

I was in Hobby Lobby the other day. I love that store by the way. And what to my wondering eyes did appear but pumpkins and other fall house decor! What?  And guess what was on the top of those shelves? Yes...Christmas stuff! Now...that doesn't really bother me like it does other people...I just don't remember seeing it out this early before. It kinda made me want a pumpkin spice latte!  But then I went to the pool and I no longer wanted a pumpkin spice latte. 

I wanted a big tub of ice. 

But that was not feasible, so I just sat on the side of the pool and dangled my legs in the water. 

Which leads me to my next tidbit. Actually my next tidbit has nothing to do with dangling my legs in the water. But it sounded good...and clearly this post is just a big rambling session. 

But anyway...I ran 3 miles on Tuesday. That's really not a big deal except that I did it without stopping. And because I haven't run in several weeks, not stopping and gasping for air is a big deal. 

You see...when you run and train for a race you have to do it consistently for months before the race...so that you can run the race without stopping and gasping for air. If you don't train, it makes it incredibly difficult to endure the race. 

I haven't been running, but I have been strength training hard and consistently for the last 10 weeks.  And because I have strengthened my muscles, I was able to run my 3 miles easily without being physically exhausted.  

It's the same principle in my spiritual life. When I strengthen my spiritual muscles daily, this race I run does not exhaust me. Instead I can endure...hardships, disappointments, conflict, the mundane. Whatever life has to offer.  

Strength starts on the inside and works its way out. 

Goodnight y'all. 

No comments: