Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hooked...

So I've been in a writing funk for a while and the words are just absent. I think that was clear from my last post. And it isn't that I haven't tried because I have. No really...I have. If you could see all the blog notes I've started but haven't finished over the last month you might be more apt to believe me. But since you can't, you will have to take my word for it.

Tonight I am going to see this post through to its entirety even if it turns out to be one where I'm rambling. Sometimes a girl just needs to ramble. And this is one of the reasons I am so glad I married the guy that I did. Because he rambles too. Sometimes we ramble about the same thing at the same time. Sometimes we ramble at the same time about different things. And sometimes we ramble about different things at different times. It's the mystery of oneness, and I bet you wish you were a fly on our walls.

I think my problem is that I have gone and gotten myself hooked on some t.v. shows. And I blame it on my girlfriends because when we get together they talk about these shows a lot and the peer pressure is unbearable. So it seems I have caved and now I am hooked. Parenthood. Nashville. Dallas. Shark Tank. Modern family. The Bachelor. And American Idol. But the two latter shows are walking on a thin line because the girls on both shows are driving me batty. And all I really do over the course of episodes is to say, "oh my word...are you kidding me."

I've given that topic enough attention though so I'm moving on. Except I will say that I just don't know if Dallas is going to make it without J.R. I mean he was quite the villain, but I loved his character and his eyebrows. There is none other like J.R. although there was enough scandal in the first two episodes to live on for the rest of the season. Rest in peace, Larry.

And then there's Nashville. They've got me singing, "You got the wrong song..."

And on Shark Tank I was totally captivated by the product that I saw tonight. It is a little blingy hook thingy that has a strong magnet on the back of it. You place the blingy part on the front of your clothes and the magnet part underneath your clothes and y'all...there's a place on the front where you can hang your readers! The aging just got a little more hip and I totally want one!!

And in the latest news, I am officially registered for the Rock & Roll Half Marathon on March 24th. This is the race that I started last year but couldn't finish because my knee locked up at mile 4. I was SO sad and disappointed and I cried like a baby. So I am incredibly excited about doing it again this year and finishing. Please pray that my knee stays strong. Training has already started and I'm up to 6 miles this weekend. I never ever thought that I would hear myself say this but I am addicted to running. There is just absolutely nothing like crossing that finish line.

But I imagine that crossing the finish line of life on earth into eternity will make my measly half marathons seem like nothing. So I keep running...with perseverance the race that has been marked out for me.

No comments: