Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blessings in 2013...

I'm fairly certain this holiday season of 2012 was the fastest passing of time I may have ever experienced.  Or...it could be that this was what my grandma always meant when she said, "My how time flies."  Whatever it may mean, I know one thing to be true: 2013 is here...and for me and several of my girlfriends...and whoever else is up for the challenge...this means that it is time to start a year-long adventure of scripture memory.

I am itching to get started on this because I did this in 2011 and it proved to be the most life-changing practice I've ever implemented.  That year was a huge time of learning and growth for me, and I believe wholeheartedly that it was largely due to scripture memory.

So...if you are joining me this year, I wanted to share a few things that helped me.

1) First, I bookmarked the LPM Blog on all my devices.  This made it easy to post my verse from anywhere…at any time.  There were several times I forgot to post on the correct day and this allowed me to do so when I remembered that I forgot!  No matter where I was.

2) I ordered the spiral from Living Proof Ministries, wrote my verses in it and kept it beside my bed. Here is the link for this year's spiral if you'd like to order it. Or you can go purchase one on your own. Regardless of which spiral you get, it will be your free ticket into the (optional) event in January 2014 (Houston,TX) for all who participate.  I ordered this one because it is cute and I like cute!


3) I downloaded an app onto my iPhone called Fighter Verses which is a phenomenal app for memorizing scripture.  It allows you to add a bible verse of your choice, or you can choose the current verse in the app. But that's not what's so great about it.  The cool thing is that it has several different ways you can quiz yourself.  It's on your phone so you can pull it up while you are at a stoplight, in line at the grocery store, or whenever you have a few minutes of time at your disposal. It makes memorizing scripture very easy. Here is the link for the app.  It costs $2.99 but well worth it!




The first post of the year is already up, and I just posted my first verse for the year...

Isaiah 12:2 (NIV)
Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense;
he has become my salvation.” 

If you can't find a verse you want to memorize and need an idea, I have posted my verses I used in 2011 here.  Feel free to copy any of those or use the same one I'm using.

This morning I prayed for all of you who are going to venture down this road in 2013.  I truly wish for you and your families a year full of God's blessings on your heart, mind, and soul.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Looking forward to it. I have not been able to order my spiral. And I want a cute one too! It just won't let me order it online; I've tried about 10 times. I'm going to call them when they get back to work. I thought I'd ordered it a while back, but got a message it didn't go through! But I'll start without my spiral....

de said...

Have you been able to order it yet?