Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Crank it up...

I am sitting here watching Christmas movies today, and for that I am elated, because if you know me at all you understand just how much I love the holidays.  Especially Christmas.  However, I am doing all the watching in my shorts and flip flops.  And I'm not going to lie...I just don't know how I feel about that.  It is December.  It is supposed to be cold and the visions of a wintry scene right outside my frost-laden window should not be so far from reality.  But it is what it is...therefore, I will give thanks that I woke up today with the ability to get dressed, attend church to hear sound Bible teaching, and spend the rest of the day with a good, good man who loves me far better than I have ever deserved.

Thankful.

And while I'm on the subject of Thankful, our Thanksgiving holiday was fabulous.  I had the whole week off work and it was the sweetest gift of time.  I cooked and baked and laughed and rested and was able to crank up the Christmas music while I decorated my tree and mantle and other stuff.  And the fact that I said 'crank up' is a dead give-a-way as to where I'm from.  Anyway...we split our actual Thanksgiving day between the hubs side of the family and mine.  Here are a few snapshots of our time with them.







 We ate a LOT!!

And I am even more excited because I just saw on Twitter today that Beth Moore will be leading a year-long scripture memory venture again in 2013.  I participated in this in 2011 and let me just say that it was the most life-changing practice I've ever implemented in my life.   I have always been very prone to a negative thought life and for so long I lived in defeat because of it.  I never understood how to overcome that, and well...I'll tell ya...I found when I did this that scripture memory is powerful and is crucial to transforming your thought life.  And if I can do it...anyone can.  So I am going to participate again in 2013.  Please join me.  You won't regret it.

Happy Sunday.




No comments: