Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Favorites...

This time change may just get the best of me. At 6:00 p.m. I think it's 9:30 and am ready to get in bed…and when I realize it's only 6:00, I just get on the couch. And fall asleep. And then I wake up at 3:30 a.m. And then at 6:00 I'm ready for bed and it's not time so I fall asleep on the couch and then wake up at 3:30. It's like when you give a mouse a cookie. Or a moose a muffin. Or…groundhog day. Whatever.

But that's not really why I'm writing this blog entry.

Often I will have friends ask me for a book or website or a scripture to go to when they are needing help with something…ya know…like a self-help issue. And the only reason is because I know of a lot of resources in the self-help area…not because I'm the expert…but because I'm usually reading a self-help book or browsing a self-help site or searching scripture for my own issues that need help.

I've found that in all my searching and browsing, I tend to find gems from the same resources over and over. So here is a list of my favorite places to go when I'm needing wisdom.

God's Word
Beth Moore-One Place
LPM Blog
Proverbs 31 Ministries
Lysa Terkeurst
Marriage Today
Love and Respect
Boundaries

And these are the books and studies that have been most life-changing for me...

Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend
Esther: It's Tough Being A Woman
No Other Gods
Unglued

God never promised a life of ease for believers...

...In the world you will have trouble. But take heart; I have overcome the world. John 16:33b

But He does give us help along the journey. And He promises:

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

No comments: