Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A little of this and a little of that...

I could never be a house cleaner. A maid, that is, which I haven't heard anyone say in a long time, so it could be that the term is now politically incorrect. Regardless, I was not cut out for that type of work, and I'll tell you why. It hurts, that's why!  Last Thursday, we surrendered our keys to the owner of the house we've lived in for three years, which meant that Wednesday I had to go over and load my car with our remaining possessions and clean it from top to bottom while Brad socialized worked. It took me 3 1/2 hours to clean the whole house and that was without anything in it!  And the next day I felt it...everywhere. By the way...I highly suggest that you never use double-sided tape to secure a rug to any kind of flooring. But if you already have, plan on using some Goo Gone and a lot of scraping when you're ready to take it up. Really! 

So the last week and a half has been one big moving and cleaning adventure...at home and work...and do you know that I'm still not done at home nor at work!  And I SO wish I were because mamaw is tired and sore!  But enough about that.

Unfortunately, I don't think our relationship with our new digital cable/Internet provider is going to work out. Our needs are just not being met, and we've given them a new chance every night for a week and a half and we have yet to watch a full episode of anything without squiggly lines and audio problems. Oh it's fine if we sit real still in one place and refrain from getting on the Internet while the t.v. is on. But if we veer from that, it's all downhill. However, we called them today and had them reset our modem and our cable box.  Now all the people on the HD channels look like robots.  We just can't live this way anymore.  And we certainly cannot watch the Summer Olympics this way, so it's time for this company to pack up and go home. They will not be receiving a rose. And the search continues for a provider who will go the extra mile and deliver the goods. So, I believe that we could be considered spoiled t.v. snobs now.

Hail.  That's what it just finished doing outside for the 4th time in the last week and a half, and that would not be a big deal except that our garage still has boxes in it instead of our cars.  What the hail?!  Haha.

No comments: