Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Who needs toys when you've got H20?

Today...I joined the Frisco Athletics Center. We'll see how many times I get reimbursed. Anyway...i moseyed (sp?) out to the pool area to catch a few rays and finally found a seat close to the wading area. Everytime I looked up there were a new handful of boys at the fountains putting their feet on the fountains to try to stop them, standing on top of the fountains so they would shoot up their swim trunks, splashing little girls and their moms as they stood by. I was fascinated as I watched their fascination with this water. It took my mind to the men in my life...my husband, dad, brother, brother-in-law, and nephews. And as I thought of each one of them, I couldn't help but think how similar they are to these boys I encountered at the pool today. Always laughing, always trying to make the women in their lives laugh, always enjoying life. I took a minute to thank the Lord for little boys and for creating them to enjoy the little things in life and giving them the ability to grow up and deal with all the drama that the women in their lives bring to the table!


4 comments:

Sherri said...

I almost took Connor there today! Now I wish that I had. We joined the Rec Center last month, and I did really well working out about 5 times per week in June. Then, we went on vacation, and I can't get back into the routine. I was going to start tomorrow, but ... Megan is at a friend's house and Connor has a friend sleeping over. So ... maybe Friday? Hopefully I will see you there soon!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! I have been joining the rec center off and on since we hear about the reimbursements...UHHHMMM Haven't made it there 10 time in a month YET! Hoping this will be the month! Maybe I'll run into you!

Mrs. Cummings said...

My husband and I would love to go there, except it so far from us! Thus, I know we would never get the reimbursement. However, it could change if we decide to cut back on bills. Hopefully you can get reimbursed : )

jwkittycat said...

I am so glad to hear that someone in this world is thankful for little boys!! You have no idea how many people I come across that like their little girls so much more than their little boys. It is really sad for me to hear as I have one of each and I love them both the same. My girl is definitely a girly girl and my boy is definitely ALL boy. I agree, the boys try to get the girls in their lives to smile, laugh or giggle at them constantly. This never changes no matter how old then get :-) I LOVE my boys....and my girl!!!