Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

A new level of boring...

I'm not sure when the last time was that I smelled like a 5th grader. You know...the ones who are entering the age of puberty whilst enjoying a good day in the humidity and wind in the spring. Oh you are not familiar with that aromatic mixture? I'm sure a teacher will be able to give you a good idea of that scent.

Anyway...today was one of those days where it was obvious I had been with kids...outside...on a humid and windy day...during spring...in Texas. Yes...it was field day at one of my campuses. And was a very long day indeed. So it's not surprising that I am laying awake at precisely 1:28 a.m. because when I came in from work I collapsed on the couch and did not move for a couple of hours. A nap was needed and a nap is what I got.

And after that nap, I decided that there was no real point in getting up to do anything because...well...it was only five hours till I would be going to bed and why bother. So I stayed. And watched a few back to back episodes of Reba; I played several rounds of Tetris on my new Google Chrome Book; tuned in to the 1980s version of Footloose - and oh boy did that music take me back to a time when doo doo curls were hip and Kevin Bacon didn't have wrinkles and everyone knew that this was Almost Paradise. Then...I watched Shark Tank and 20/20 with my favorite guy. Let's hear it for the boy!

And that is how to have the most boring Friday ever. You can actually say to your friends that you have now read the most boring blog post of your entire life.

No comments: